Calling all Veterinarians, Vet Techs, and Vet Assistants:
We are looking to assemble a team that will be responsible for the health and well-being of the cats and dogs at the event. If there is a medical issue or concern, this team will be the “go-to”.
All necessary medical supplies and medications will be provided on-site unless there is an emergency.
Here is what we need:
- Friday October 10th: 5:30-7pm: 1 Vet & 3 techs/assistants(Check-in for cats—make rounds and look at all the kitties- make sure no visible illness and that they are fixed)
- Saturday October 11th: 7:30am-10:30am 2 Vets & 4 techs/assistants (Check-in for dogs—briefly examine dogs as they arrive. Check incision sites, look for visible signs of illness)
- Saturday October 11th: 11-3pm 2 Vets (1 on cat side and 1 on dog side as issues arise) + 2 Techs/Assistants
- Saturday October 11th: 3-7pm 2 Vets (1 on cat side and 1 on dog side as issues arise) + 2 Techs/Assistants
- Sunday October 12th: 11-3pm 2 Vets (1 on cat side and 1 on dog side as issues arise) + 2 Techs/Assistants
- Sunday October 12th: 3-7pm 2 Vets (1 on cat side and 1 on dog side as issues arise) + 2 Techs/Assistants
Be part of the IndyMega team and help us find homes for over 1,000 cats and dogs in just 2 days!!
Email Janetm@facespayneuter.org with your availability.
The buzz is good!!
All dogs and cats from Indianapolis Animal Care and Control will be spayed/neutered at FACE Spay/Neuter Clinic prior to the event (between June 16th-25th). These animals CANNOT go back to the shelter because they could easily get sick and not be able to attend the event. Plus, there will be no room at the shelter for a dog/cat to recover from surgery for a week.
This is truly a life-saving volunteer opportunity. IACC is a kill shelter and they can only take as many animals to this event as they have foster homes for.
The foster commitment would be anywhere between 4-13 days. That’s IT!
You will pick up the animal(s) after their spay/neuter surgeries from FACE (just east of downtown) and then you will bring the animal(s) to the event on Friday between 8am-8pm for cats, or on Saturday between 6am-9:15am on Saturday for dogs. The animal will get a second chance at life with a loving forever family simply because YOU fostered it for less than 2 weeks. How rewarding!
You will be provided with any supplies you need—food, toys, extra blankets, extra crate, etc. All the cats/dogs will be vaccinated, microchipped, fixed, and temperament tested (dogs). Please note that during the temperament test they do not test with cats or kids. If you plan to have the foster animal interact with your kids or other pets they can give you information for a proper introduction.
If you are interested in fostering please email Dawn at Dawn.Contos@indy.gov
Wonder what’s up with the hashtag for the IndyMegaAdoptionEvent? Simple! It’s how you can get involved and follow all of the excitement. We’re on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and our participating organizations will be sharing updates through the hashtag.
Follow along and join in the conversation!